Colorado 8th for Most Coronavirus Support Offered
With 89% of adults hospitalized with COVID-19 having some sort of pre-existing condition, the personal-finance website WalletHub has released its report on the States Offering the Most Coronavirus Support, as well as accompanying videos. The report seeks to examine which states have the best safety nets for those who are at risk, both health-wise and financially.
To identify which states offer the most support during the COVID-19 pandemic, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 17 key metrics. These metrics included whether the state will offer free vaccinations, once a vaccine exists, and each state's share of households in poverty. Below, you can see highlights from the report.
Coronavirus Support in Colorado (1=Most, 25=Avg.):
- 25th – Coronavirus Relief Fund per Capita
- 1st – Adoption of Telehealth Services
- 29th – Share of Sheltered Homeless Population
- 24th – Ratio of Average Weekly Wage Covered by Unemployment Benefit
- 20th – Number of Permanent Supportive Housing Beds per Homeless Population