Very Colorado Summer Festivals Going On Everywhere
One of the things I love most about living in Colorado is it's awesome to take a short trip that's not far - but a world away at the same time. And if you're someone who doesn't have the time or money for a traditional week-long vacation flyaway, to me THAT's one of the top perks of living here!
At Sloan's Lake in Denver, the last weekend of July. But get there early. Last year, 16,000 people showed up for these races and other activities!
- The first weekend of August is the Arise Music Festival at the gorgeous Sunrise Ranch off of Highway 34 west of Loveland. It's art, yoga, activism, and there must be over 50 bands slated to perform, many of them whom you might know from Northern Colorado!
- Hey, don't forget the very charming Lyons, Colorado, now! Their Rocky Mountain Folks Festival is August 18th & 19th and features a ton of live bluegrass on the St. Vrain River. Super family friendly, and camping out, or at least picnicking, is sort of a norm at this.
- The Loveland Old Fashioned Corn Roast Festival is August 25th and 26th, but they do waaaay more than roast the corn. They shuck it. They throw it in holes. And, of course, eat it. Live entertainment at downtown Loveland's finest.
- Here are a ton more summertime roundups happening across the state!
- Next day for free admission to national parks? August 25th. Great opportunity to hit Rocky Mountain, or even the Great Sand Dunes, which I am way past due to visit.
- Finally, don't forget: