Weld Food Bank Needs Turkeys for the Holidays – How to Help
Weld Food Bank needs frozen turkeys! Thousands of them! The Food Bank’s partner agencies have requested 5,100 turkeys this year for families in need. You can help by donating this holiday season.
Additional Items Needed
Also needed this year:
- 5,000 five-pound bags of potatoes
- 10,400 cans of green beans
- 8,200 mushroom soups or gravy
- 8,000 boxes of stuffing
The donations will be used to make holiday food baskets or hot meals for the people Weld Food Bank serves. Currently, the food bank has 10 turkeys on hand.
Ways to Donate Turkeys
1. Drop them off at the Weld Food Bank warehouse located at 1108 H Street in Greeley, Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00.
2. Wing Shack is collecting turkeys for the food bank at their Garden City, West Greeley and Windsor locations. "Anyone who donates a turkey at one of those three locations will receive 5 free wings. Additionally, Wing Shack will make a $5 donation per turkey to help fight hunger in Northern Colorado."
3. The Weld Food Bank's Annual Turkey Drive is Saturday, November 17 from 9am to 3pm at select locations. The participating stores are:
- Sam’s Club
- Walmart on 47th Avenue
- Both Safeway locations
- Weld Food Bank warehouse in Greeley
- Walmart in Longmont on Ken Pratt Boulevard
Food Bank for Larimer County
The Food Bank for Larimer County also has big needs. The Food Bank is hosting a Stuff the Truck Turkey Donation Drive Thursday, November 15, from 3 – 6 pm, at the corner of College and Drake, in the old Kmart parking lot.