Monday COVID-19 Count In Larimer County and Colorado
We realize that there's a 'fake news' anthem trending. However, we rely on our trusted health care departments, not politicians, to provide the data we need to track this virus.
As healthcare workers plead with the public to wear a mask, with no agenda, we are here to share the very real and tragic passing of our community members as a reminder to do your part.
"It’s critical that we stay open," said Silver Grill Cafe owner John Arnolfo, who voluntarily closed for eight days in June after a staff member tested positive.
"I’m sure you’ve heard all the news, read all the papers — a second, third shutdown would really be detrimental to any business large or small, so we’re working through it," said Arnolfo.
With lax attitudes and "no mask" initiatives around the country, COVID-19 cases are in fact rising while the rest of the world reports fewer and fewer cases.
Monday, July 20, 2020: According to the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment and reported by the Coloradoan.
Larimer County cases, deaths:
- New cases reported by county: 31 confirmed cases
- New deaths reported by county: 0
- Confirmed cases: 1,052 (positive swab test)
- Probable cases: 40 (people with two of the following: COVID-19 symptoms; epidemiological link to someone who tested positive; positive antibody test)
- Suspect cases: 333 (asymptomatic with positive antibody test)
- Total deaths: 31
- Risk index in county (based on things such as hospital utilization, new cases, etc.): Medium
- Number of COVID-19 patients in hospitals: 13 (includes Banner and UCHealth)*
- Hospital utilization: 52% (low risk is <70%)*
- ICU utilization: 59% (low risk is <70%)*
Monday, July 20, 2020: According to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and reported by the Coloradoan.
Colorado cases, deaths:
- New cases reported by state: 424
- New deaths reported by state (caused by COVID-19): 0
- Current hospitalizations: 275 (83% reporting)
- Hospital transfers or discharges in past 24 hours: 21
- Number of ventilators in use: 309 out of 1,172
- Facilities anticipating personal protective equipment shortages in the next week: 1
- Hospitals anticipating a staff shortage in the next week: 3
- Hospitals anticipating ICU bed shortages in the next week: 1
- Total cases: 40,566
- Total hospitalizations: 6,057
- Total deaths due to coronavirus: 1,615
- Total outbreaks: 428 (reported at residential and nonhospital health care facilities, correctional settings and other facilities in Colorado, such as factories and group homes)