Loveland, Greeley Announce Playground Reopenings
Parents of Loveland and Greeley rejoice — finally the kids are free to burn their energy somewhere other than your house.
Both city municipalities announced Friday that playgrounds will be reopened in the city for this weekend. Playgrounds remain closed in Fort Collins.
The City of Loveland took to Facebook on Friday to announce that their playgrounds will reopen Saturday (June 6).
Guidelines are in place which prohibit gatherings of over 10 people on the playgrounds, splash parks and fitness court. You must remain six feet apart and are advised to bring your own hand sanitizer.
Greeley playgrounds resumed on Friday with a 10-person limit at any given time. Playground equipment and park facilities are not sanitized so you are encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer. Park restrooms and drinking fountains remain closed until further notice.
Greeley skate parks are also open.
Here's a list of other Loveland facilities you can enjoy:
- The splash parks at Loveland Sports Park and Fairgrounds Park
- The water feature at Mehaffey Park
- Outdoor Fitness Courts
Still Closed in Loveland:
- Park shelters
- Lake Loveland swim beach
- Winona Pool
- River Plaza at Fairgrounds Park
- Winona Outdoor Pool
- The recreation wing of the Chilson Recreation Center will reopen on June 15 at 50% capacity and with modified business hours.
Still closed in Greeley
- Greeley Family FunPlex
- Greeley Recreation Center
- Greeley Ice Haus
- Rodarte Community Center
- Greeley Active Adult Center
- Greeley History Museum
- Centennial Village Museum
- Twin Rivers Softball Complex
- Greeley Youth Sports Complex
- Butch Butler Field
- Forbes Field
- Union Colony Civic Center
- Tointon Gallery
- Discovery Bay Waterpark
- Centennial Pool
- Island Grove Splash Park
- Sunrise Splash Park
Colorado Kids Who Have Gone Missing in 2020