Greeley Motel Evacuated Early Wednesday for Fire
A frightening scene developed overnight at a Greeley motel, as guests inside were forced to evacuate due to a fire.
The Greeley Fire Department responded to 1803 9th Street just after midnight on Wednesday after receiving reports of a fire that had broken out in one of the motel rooms.
The reporting caller was evacuating others in building. When police arrived they were advised that one room was already fully involved.
Engine 1 was the first to arrive on scene, and had the flames extinguished within three minutes. Three engines, two ladder trucks, one Battalion Chief, and one paramedic ambulance all responded on the initial dispatch. Additional units arrived and assisted with fire control, evacuation, and searching the building.
Fortunately, no parties were taken to the hospital, however paramedics did evaluate five parties on scene for possible smoke inhalation, and they were released.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to smoking, which is an important reminder to always discard of any smoking materials to prevent things like this from happening.