Would You Try this Terrifying Mountain Swing in Glenwood?
Even though I ride dozens of ski lifts every winter, I was nervous riding the gondola at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park; so you can guess how willing I'd be to hop on this baby:
It puts you 1300 feet above the Colorado River. The SCENERY, though! What's that? Oh yeah, you probably don't have much of a chance to notice that when you're busy checking over and over to make sure you're still alive.
Other options for thrills and/or recreation in Glenwood that I would try before this:
- Visit Hanging Lake
- The all-ages water slide at Hotel Glenwood Springs.
- The hot springs
- Walk around downtown
- Visit the dog park
- Hang out in my room
If you're INTO the canyon swing, no doubt you'd love other fun choices here, like:
- The Cliffhanger Roller Coaster (which I call a nope coaster)
- The Alpine Roller Coaster (I'll be somewhere else)
- The Haunted Mine Drop (again, how about no)
- The Iron Mountain Tramway (a bit more like it)
Okay, I'll admit the swing could be worse. It could do a full rotation.
Even the way it is, I'm guessing they have to sanitize the seats numerous times per day.