Science Reveals Most Uplifting Songs Ever
SOURCE: The Telegraph
It appears that science can be fun....and uplifting!
A study that took place in 2015 has resurfaced thanks to the various social platforms out there. It was a study led by Dr. Jacob Jolij, a cognitive neuroscientist at the University of Groningen in Holland, who was asked to look into the musical preference of UK residents and their top songs to uplift their moods.
According to The Telegraph, Dr. Jolij said there "are some key criteria for composers to consider when creating feel good songs". Some of that criteria includes: "lyrical theme, musical key, and tempo". Also, "a high tempo of 150 beats per minute also subconsciously triggers a sense of energy."
Based on his analysis, here it the list of the most uplifting songs (from the UK) of all time:
1. QUEEN - Don't Stop Me Now
2. ABBA - Dancing Queen
3.THE BEACH BOYS - Good Vibrations
4. BILLY JOEL - Uptown Girl
5. SURVIVOR - Eye of the Tiger
6. THE MONKEES - I'm a Believer
7. CYNDI LAUPER - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
8. BON JOVI - Living on a Prayer
9. GLORIA GAYNOR - I Will Survive
10. KATRINA & THE WAVES - Walking on Sunshine
My honorable mention....the songs that gets me fired up:
1. AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long
2. THE CULT: Love Removal Machine
3. ROLLING STONES: Start Me Up
I guess I like a bit of a bite to my uplifting songs.