Rules for Riding E-Scooters in Fort Collins
Hundreds of e-scooters can now be rented and used on the streets of Fort Collins.
The Bird scooter company has delivered about 500 scooters to the streets, campus and sidewalks of Fort Collins. As we reported earlier, this is a pilot program that will have the scooters available to rent for the next 12 months.
The first thing you're going to need is the BIRD mobile APP. From payment to riding instructions and even finding a scooter to ride, it's all on the app. The app even asks you to take a photo of your parked scooter when you're done.
Some rules for using scooters in Fort Collins:
- You must be 18 years old to ride e-scooters.
- E-scooters are allowed on city streets from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the summer and 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. in winter.
- E-scooters are not allowed on natural area or park trails.
- You cannot operate e-scooters while under the influence.
- You must dismount your e-scooter while walking it across crosswalks.
- Respect dismount zones in Old Town and on CSU's campus.
- E-scooters can't be parked on sidewalks or areas that will impeded pedestrian traffic or block things like bus benches, fire hydrants and building entrances.
- E-scooters are not allowed on city buses (unless they can be folded) or inside CSU buildings.
Source: The Coloradoan