National Dog Day is today.
Time to celbrate your four legged baby. Today is National Dog Day. While I am not the type to throw a party for an animal Ill be sure to be giving her an extra treat or two today, and spoil her a little more than we already do. ( I mean she got steak last night, shes plenty spoiled.)
If you think you have the best dog in the land, then be sure to enter the My Dog Rox contest with Retro 102.5 right here. You've got until September 8th to submit your photos. You could win a free month of dog food and a trip to the doggy spa.
Here are some fun facts about owning a dog and the things we do for them from National Today.
- 86% of dog owners tell their dog "I love you" at least once a month.
- 73% buy their dog at least one gift a month.
3.68% sometimes let their dog sleep with them in bed.
- 79% of women and 67% of men think that showing love toward a dog is attractive.
- 39% of women and 23% of men with dogs would rather hang out at home with them than go on a date.
- 86% of dog owners say their dog helps comfort them.
- 65% say owning a dog makes them more loving.
- 64% look forward to coming home because of their dog.
- And just under two-thirds say that having a dog teaches them to be more patient.