Colorado Town Becomes Home to More Than 5 Guinness World Records
On the first day of fall for 2023, a Guinness World Record was set in Loveland, Colorado. This makes six that The Sweetheart City is home to.
Not only was a world record broken, but it was broken by the man who set his own world record in Loveland, in 2022.
For back-to-back years, Luke Lorick of Loveland set world records, with his corn hole capabilities.
In 2022, Luke, The Tailgating Champion himself, set the Guinness World Record for Longest Backwards Cornhole Shot. For 2023, he was asked to be a part of a charity event that was happening in Downtown Loveland and decided to go for another record.
WHAT WORLD RECORD WAS SET IN LOVELAND, COLORADO?
Lorick set out to beat the standing record for "Longest Blindfolded Cornhole Shot." The record at the time was 45 feet.
Armed with his specially-made blindfold, Lorick arrived at The Foundry in Downtown on Saturday, September 23, 2023. Loveland's House of Neighborly Service was holding its annual "Rope for Hope" event, with Lorick's attempt as an added event.
There were more than a few people gathered at The Foundry for the day's festivities; only a few people knew of Lorick's World Record attempt being set up.
Lorick had a small crew helping him out, with measuring, videoing, and collecting the corn hole bags that missed the target.
At 10:15 a.m., the blindfolded tossing began.
Many, many bags went down the sidewalk area while Lorick tried to get a shot in. Miss after a miss, after a miss. Some were short of the target, some were way left or way right of the target.
After about 15 minutes, finally came the one shot that Lorick needed to break the World Record.
HOW FAR WAS THE BLINDFOLD CORNHOLE SHOT IN LOVELAND?
Lorick's shot was 46 feet, 3 inches, beating the former record by over an inch.
After Lorick completes filing all of the official paperwork, he should receive his official documentation as being the holder of the World Record for "Longest Blindfolded Cornhole Shot," as well as being the holder of the 6th World Record achieved in Loveland.
WHAT ARE THE SIX WORLD RECORDS THAT HAVE BEEN ACHEIVED IN LOVELAND?
- In 2005, Suzy Bralliar set the record for the World's Largest Number of Unicorn Related Items. Suzy had 2,719. This record stands today.
- In 2009, the Loveland Roadrunners organized the World's Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Vampires (354).
- In 2011, by competing in the NPC Ambrust Pro Gym Warrior Classic Bodybuilding Championships in Loveland, E. Wilma Conner became the World's Oldest Bodybuilder (Female.) This record stands today.
- In 2019, by having 41,769 of them, Sharon Lipinski and Christine Forster set the record for the World's Longest Line of Toothbrushes. This record stands today.
- In 2022, with a shot of 36 feet, 7 inches, Luke Lorick made the World's Longest Backwards Cornhole Shot.
- in 2023, with a shot of 46 feet 3 inches, Luke Lorick made the World's Longest Blindfolded Cornhole Shot.
That Time That a Cornhole Record Was Set In Loveland
MORE Loveland: Look Inside New Speakeasy Bar in Loveland
MORE Loveland: Great Sidewalk Art In Downtown Loveland