Frontier House Hosting 7th Annual Breakfast
Frontier House is one of the best kept secrets in Northern Colorado. Come learn more at a breakfast on Wednesday, May 2nd, at the Greeley Country Club, from 7:30 to 9am. Frontier House is an inspiring place where individuals with mental illness get back to work or school, regain their self-worth, find safe and affordable housing, and make lasting friendships. Join us for an inspirational morning. RSVP by calling 970-347-2128 today.
Frontier House was founded in 1990 and follows the Clubhouse Model of Psychosocial Rehabilitation first established in New York City’s Fountain House in 1948. Considered an evidenced-based, model program, Frontier House is an inspiring example of our belief that individuals with mental illness can and will actively recover if given the chance and means to do so. Frontier House—"a place where one is needed, wanted, and expected”--helps individuals get back to work, regain their self-worth, find safe and affordable housing, improve their education level, and experience mutually respectful relationships.
Membership is open to anyone 18 and older who has a history of a mental illness. Potential members can be referred to Frontier House from any mental health provider. After a short orientation, members can enjoy the resources Frontier House offers.
Membership benefits include:
- Vocational rehabilitation and supported education services
- Meaningful relationships and a community of peer support
- Recovery and wellness programming
- Community support services, including housing assistance, referrals, and securing/maintaining public benefits
- Skill development through volunteer participation in daily work activities
- Access to leisure activities leading to positive social interactions and relationships
- Involvement in local, state, national, and international organizations
“Frontier House has been essential to my recovery. I have been given employment opportunities and have been able to attend many empowering conferences and seminars. The Clubhouse gave me the foundation and peer support I needed to be successful at employment. It has given me a life that I am happy with…finally.” ---Davis Popkins, Frontier House member
Frontier House provides employment opportunities for members. If you own a business, consider employing a Frontier House member. There are several options to provide temporary and permanent positions that are both part- and full-time.