Colorado Ranks 3rd for Most Independent, Self-Sufficient State [STUDY]
WalletHub released its report on 2020’s Most Independent States and Colorado finds itself at the top of the list.
To determine the most self-sufficient states, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 39 metrics, which measure how dependent Americans are on the government and other people for finances, their jobs and personal vices.
Here's how Colorado ranked.
Independence in Colorado (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 3rd – Share of Adults Saving for Children’s College Education
- 6th – Share of Households Receiving Public Assistance
- 16th – Share of Federal-, State- & Local-Government Employees
- 2nd – Share of Jobs Supported by Exported Goods
- 29th – Industry Variety
- 13th – Share of Current Adult Smokers
2020 4th of July Firework Shows in Northern Colorado