10 Most Stolen Vehicles in the Denver Metro Area
Over 1,000 vehicles spanning 10 models were stolen in a three-month time frame in the Denver Metro area. The date range is from April 1 to June 30. According to the Denver Police Department's Facebook page, the most stolen vehicle is the Honda Civic between the years of 1995 to 2000. A total of 194 Honda Civics were stolen in the three month period.
The remainder of the top 10 vehicles stolen are:
- 2000-2006 Subaru Forester - 70 thefts
- 1998-2004 Subaru Legacy - 74 thefts
- 2001-2005 Dodge Ram - 75 thefts
- 2011-2014 and 2018-2019 Ford F150 - 83 thefts
- 1995-2000 and 2005-2005 GMC Sierra - 84 thefts
- 1999-2006 Ford F350 - 108 thefts
- 1999-2006 and 2020 Chevrolet Silverado - 165 Thefts
- 1999-2006 Ford F250 - 181 thefts
- 1992-1997 Honda Accord - 190 thefts
Denver Police say that a few precautions can help deter the theft of your vehicle. Those precautions include locking your doors and rolling your windows up, park in well lit busy areas, not leaving your car running unattended, and not leaving your garage door remote in your vehicle.
5 Great Outdoors Survival Tips From Boulder County Sheriffs