Your Friday Morning Fun Facts
Maybe you like collecting knowledge. Maybe you have a date this weekend and want to impress them with your large brain. Maybe you like being the smartest person in the room. Maybe you want to impress your friends with how much you know. Maybe you just like to know little tid bits of useless knowledge. Maybe you are training to be on Jeopardy. What ever you're reasoning, heres some fun little facts for your Friday morning:
- The Straw Hat Riot of 1922 was an eight-day riot in New York City over whether men could wear straw hats after the summer was over.
2. The woman who invented windshield wipers in 1903 never made any money from them, because car companies told her they would be distracting to drivers and there was no market for them. But after she let the patent expire, they caught on.
- Ulysses S. Grant was the first president who tried to get elected for a third term, but the Republican Party decided to nominate James Garfield for the 1880 election instead. And it was a good call, since Garfield was elected president.
(Rutherford B. Hayes was president in between Grant and Garfield, so the three terms wouldn't have been sequential.)
- In the country Andorra in Europe, it's illegal NOT to own a gun. The country doesn't have an army, so every man between 21 and 60 has to have a rifle in their house just in case the country gets attacked.
- The first PG-13 movie ever was"Red Dawn" in 1984. The PG-13 rating was created after "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" got a controversial PG rating three months earlier, and proved there should be middle ground between PG and R.