State Loosens Restrictions For High School Football Championships
State football championships will be held this weekend down in Pueblo at the Thunderbowl on the CSU Pueblo campus. Northern Colorado will be well represented with Loveland, Roosevelt and Eaton High Schools all going for a state title.
According to the CHSAA, restrictions have been slightly loosened to now allow up to 75 fans per team into the stadium. Previously, no fans wewe going to be allowed but after commissioner Rhonda Blanford-Green sent a letter to the Colorado Department of Health and Environment, approval was granted on Monday.
If you plan on attending, here are the guidelines that you need to be mindful of for this weekend's high school football state championships:
- Non-household groups must maintain 6 feet distance at all times
- The groups of 75 must enter and exit through different gates
- They must use different facilities like restrooms
You can follow along each game with our FREE, LIVE scoreboard.
2020 COLORADO STATE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TITLE GAMES
- Class 5A: No. 1 Cherry Creek vs. No. 2 Valor Christian at 6 p.m. on Saturday (Dec. 5)
- Class 4A: No. 4 Loveland vs. No. 2 Palmer Ridge at 6 p.m. on Friday (Dec. 4).
- Class 3A: No. 1 Roosevelt vs. No. 3 Durango at 2 p.m. on Saturday (Dec. 5).
- Class 2A: No. 5 Eaton vs. No. 7 Lamar at 2 p.m. on Friday (Dec. 4)
- Class 1A: No. 1 Limon vs. No. 2 Strasburg at 10 a.m. on Saturday (Dec. 5)
- 8-Man: No. 1 Sedgwick County vs. No. 2 Sanford at 6 p.m. on Thursday (Dec. 3)
- 6-Man: No. 1 Fleming vs. No. 2 Stratton/Liberty at 2 p.m. on Thursday (Dec. 3)