Johnstown’s Roosevelt, Loveland’s Resurrection Christian Enter State Football as No. 1 Seeds
Two Northern Colorado high schools are heading into the 2020 state football tournament as the top seed.
The Colorado High School Athletic Association recently released all of their brackets.
- Roosevelt High School of Johnstown is the No. 1 seed in Class 3A. The Roughriders face Fort Morgan at 1 p.m. on Saturday (Nov. 21) in the first round of state.
- Resurrection Christian of Loveland is the No. 1 seed in Class 2A. The Cougars face Moffat County at 1 p.m. on Saturday Nov. 21 in the first round of state.
Both the Roughriders and Cougars are 5-0 and on a roll.
After winning a 21-20 2OT thriller over then-No. 1 ranked Mead, Roosevelt has outscored their last two opponents 90-0.
Resurrection Christian, meanwhile, hasn't even given up a point this ENTIRE SEASON, outscoring opponents 231-0 so far.
Other Northern Colorado high schools will also be battling at state this weekend:
- CLASS 4A: No. 4 Loveland vs. No. 5 Broomfield at 6:30 p.m. on Friday (Nov. 20).
- CLASS 2A: No. 4 Pagosa Springs vs. No. 5 Eaton at 1 p.m. on Saturday (Nov. 21).
- CLASS 2A: No. 3 Platte Valley vs. No. 6 Delta at 1 p.m. on Saturday (Nov. 21).
10 of the Best Athletes Born in Colorado