JB’s Family Pick: Youth Volunteer Day at Animal Sanctuary
First things first, I went to this event last month and I highly recommend it.
My daughter, who is two and a half, had so much fun running around and looking at the animals. She said her favorite part was 'making their house clean' as she wiped down the pig's gates, as seen in the photo above. She also really loved the goats and sat down petting one for a solid ten minutes.
I love to volunteer and I am beyond grateful that Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary offers this event for kids..
The youth volunteer day is designed for kids 15 and younger and no previous training or orientation is required. They do request that you sign up in advance to get an idea of how many people will be attending.
I will be there this Sunday with my family and I cant recommend this event enough. I hope to see you there.
When: Sunday, January 12 from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Where: Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary, 3470 County Road 7, Erie, Colorado 80516
- Closed-toe, sturdy shoes are required for all visitors.
- Children are required to wear long pants and gloves to clean in animal homes.
- Gloves for all other participants are strongly recommended.
- Dust masks are strongly recommended and provided.
- Some tasks may not be suitable for all ages, but there will be all-ages friendly opportunities available.
- Only 100% plant-based food and drink may be brought or consumed on sanctuary grounds.
Send your questions to email@example.com