CSU’s Aylesworth Hall Officially Destroyed [VIDEO]
Today, (July 8, 2019) the Colorado State University Alumni account on Instagram posted a sad video to their feed: a video of the iconic CSU building Aylesworth officially being destroyed.
It was announced not too long ago that Aylesworth Hall, which was erected in the fifties, will be destroyed to make way for a new housing project, Meridian Village.
According to Colorado State University's Source page, the following are the goals for the housing project (which will also include the now-Newsom Hall):
- Accommodate housing capacity needs for all first-year students who are required to live on-campus.
- Allow for greater accommodation of returning students, building on recent Housing & Dining initiatives like the redevelopment of Aggie Village.
- Accommodate additional dining capacity centered around students’ desired dining experience and fresh new concepts.
- Foster the CSU Principles of Community: inclusion, integrity, respect, service, and social justice.
- Focus on furthering cross-disciplinary academic integration within the residential experience beyond program specific opportunities.
- Design around intentional neighborhood creation to promote sustainability as well as occupant health and wellness
To read more about the project, head here.