Colorado Public Possibly Exposed to Baby Diagnosed With Measles
Colorado health officials have issued a warning to the public who shopped and have eaten at various locations that they may have been exposed to measles.
According to Denver7, a baby diagnosed with measles visited 7 different places between July 8 and July 15, including Target, King Soopers, and Panda Express. While health officials believe every person that came in direct contact with the baby has been notified, they are still issuing a warning to all patrons of the following locations:
- Kumon Math and Reading Center of Highlands Ranch at 9362 S. Colorado Boulevard #D-08, Highlands Ranch, Colorado 80126, on July 8 and July 11 between 3:30 p.m. ad 6:40 p.m.
- King Soopers at 9551 S. University Boulevard, Littleton, Colorado 80126 on July 11 between 4:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m.
- Panda Express at 9563 S. University Boulevard, Highlands Ranch, Colorado 80126, on July 11 between 5:45 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Southeast Denver Pediatrics at 11960 Lioness Way #200, Parker, Colorado 80134, on July 12 between 9:50 a.m. and 12:15 p.m., July 13 between 9:50 a.m. and 12:35 p.m., and July 14 between 11:35 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.
- Target at 10001 Commons Street, Lone Tree, Colorado 80124, on July 12 between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Sky Ridge Pediatric Emergency Department (Evergreen Building) at 10107 Ridge Gate Parkway, Lone Tree, Colorado 80124 on July 14 between 12:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m.
- Pediatric Unit at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian St. Luke's, 2001 High Street, Denver, Colorado 80205, on July 14 8:30 p.m. to July 15 at 3:30 a.m.
If you were at any of those locations during the listed times, officials recommend you call your healthcare provider to receive vaccinations and to watch for symptoms, including dry cough, inflamed eyes (conjunctivitis), sore throat, runny nose, fever, skin rash, and/or Koplik's spots inside the mouth.
If you'd like to get more information on the case, feel free to reach out to Tri-County Health Department at 303-220-9200 or tchd.org, or the COHELP InfoLine at 303-389-1687 and 1-877-462-2911.