Applications Open for 2018 Colorado Big Game Licenses
Applications are now open for limited 2018 big game, sheep and mountain goat hunting licenses. Colorado Parks and Wildlife encourages all hunters to prepare and apply early for this year’s license draw. 2018 will be the first big game draw process conducted in the new CPW integrated purchasing system, which means there are some significant changes this year.
- One major change is that paper applications are no longer accepted; all applications must be done online or over the phone.
- Additionally, payment in full is no longer required at the time of application in 2018.
- Hunters will be responsible only for their application fees and a $10 habitat stamp when applying.
- The cost of any licenses will not be charged until a hunter is selected in the draw.
- Finally, updates to the purchasing system no longer require unique emails for every account, allowing families to use the same email address for all purchases. This also means email is no longer a unique identifier for logging into the system.
- Prepare to have your CID number, driver’s license number or other information handy for logging in.
The deadline to apply for limited licenses is April 3.
Follow these key steps before applying
1. All customers will need their CID (Customer Identification number), driver’s license or other unique identifier to look up or create their CPW account and confirm all stored personal information. This includes not only verifying the correct address, email and phone number on file, but also checking preference points to ensure those have carried over correctly.
2. Be ready to confirm your driver's license information. If your license was issued or renewed within the past six months, you will need to confirm your residency with proper documentation at any CPW office. If preferred, you may also email accepted documentation to our hunt planners; call (303) 297-1192 for more details.
3. Don't wait to verify your information until the last minute. Applications for the draw opened on March 1 and will close on April 3. Logging into the system and applying early will ensure access and confirm your information well ahead of the closing date next month.
An approved hunter education card or certificate is required before applying for or purchasing any Colorado hunting licenses.
For more info check out the Colorado Parks & Wildlife website or call 303-291-7526.