2 Days to Clean: Greeley’s Annual Spring Clean-Up Wknd April 23/24
After being home for over a year with the COVID-19 pandemic, Greeley residents may be ready to get rid of any unwanted items they've now been staring at for months.
Greeley's 46th annual 'Spring Cleanup Weekend' is Friday and Sunday, April 23 and 24, 2021. In this case, the weekend does not include Sunday.
For these two days, Greeley residents, with proof of residency I.D, can drop off many, many different items to be disposed of. Such items range from appliances and mattresses to tree stumps, sod and old cell phones. Many folks look forward to this annual event to clean out their garage, backyard or basement.
The City of Greeley will have three lots set up, none of which will be taking electronics or computers. If you need to dispose of those items, they are directing people to Schaefer Enterprises, who'll take those items for a small fee.
From 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday, the three sites will be taking different items, depending on their locations:
SITE 1 - 11th Avenue north of the Poudre River. Please enter on H Street
- General household debris, furniture, appliances, mattresses, tires. There is a limit of four tires per day, no rims, and no tires larger than 17."
- This site will take cash or checks, no credit/debit cards. $10 per car/truck load.
- One-ton trucks and large trailers with more than one axle must use the North Weld Landfill, 40000 Weld County Road 25. A $30 coupon (for each load) allows direct access to the landfill and must be purchased at City Hall, 1000 10th Street by April 23. Residents can also buy vouchers at Site #1 during Clean-Up Weekend. Residents are limited to two coupons.
SITE 2 - 1130 E 8th St (Greeley Organic Waste Center)
- Grass and leaves are accepted at $4 per cubic yard. Example: a small pickup load costs about $7-$14 and a large pickup truckload is approximately $10-$18.
- Clean and mixed wood (OSB, lumber), limbs, brush, sod, and topsoil are accepted at $5 per cubic yard. A small pickup approximately costs $10-$20 and a large pickup costs about $15-$24.
- Large logs and stumps are accepted at $15 per cubic yard.
- Drywall, paper or wax-coated cardboard, and painted and treated wood are not accepted.
- Cash only at Site 2.
SITE 3 - Weld County Household Hazardous Waste - 1311 N. 17th Avenue
- Paint, pesticides, batteries, cell phones, fluorescent bulbs, motor oil, and more.
- Empty paint cans larger than 5 gallons will not be accepted.
Greeley's Spring Clean-Up Weekend is organized by the Streets Division; they can be reached at 970-350-9336.
[Source: City of Greeley Press Release]
Breweries of Greeley
LOOK: The Most Famous Actor Born Every Year