A seven-year-old in Basalt, near Aspen, spent the night in the hospital after eating pot-infused candy her mother brought home from work.

According to 9 News, the mother works in housekeeping at a local hotel, where employees are allowed to bring home items that guests leave behind.  The chocolate pot edible was still in the wrapper, but not labeled.

Maybe the lesson here is less that marijuana shouldn't be legal, and more that people shouldn't give their kids food that they found in a hotel room.  What do you think?

Get the full story in the video above.