9 Diners Report Illness After Eating At Fort Collins Taco Shop
A number of diners and employees recently reported becoming ill after eating and working at the Fort Collins Torchy's Tacos.
According to an Aug. 28 unacceptable restaurant health inspection, nine of 11 people who ate dinner at 6:40 p.m. on Tuesday, August 20 at the 3280 S. College Ave. taco shop became ill with varying symptoms.
The customers reported consuming a variety of tacos, guacamole, queso and chips. Symptoms included vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps and headache.
Torchy's staff also reported to the Larimer County Health Department that eight employees reported becoming sick between Aug. 20 and Aug. 25 and called in sick to work.
In the Aug. 28 inspection, Torchy's was docked for not having a certified food protection manager.
Torchy's opened in Fort Collins in September of 2016.